The Livonia Fire Department responded to the Lake Glen Residence for a possible structure fire. Once they arrived, there was a stove fire which had spread to the wall.
After police investigated, it was learned that Gibson left his one year old son in the apartment unattended while he went to the store. He explained to police that he thought he turned the stove off when he went to the store and added that he told his eleven year old daughter, who was outside playing, to keep en eye on the infant while he was gone.
Gibson was taken into custody for the endangering charge and later released with pending court action.
The Red Cross will be assisting Gibson with temporary shelter.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.