The 10th Annual Food For Families Food Drive!
This year more than ever, local families are struggling to put food on the table. The season of giving is upon us and once again News 8 has partnered with Foodlink and Tops Markets for the Food for Families Food Drive. You can help fill the table for a family in need this year. Please join us for our 10th Annual Food for Families Food Drive on Friday, December 9th to help those in need right here in Rochester.
You can make a difference and help out in many different ways:
- Purchase a Brown Bag of Hope,available at all Tops Markets now! Each Brown Bag of Hope contains nutritious food needed by Foodlink to help feed families. Brown Bags of Hope are available for $5, $10 & $20.
- Stop by the Tops Greece location at 3507 Mt. Read Blvd. or the Tops Henrietta location at 1225 Jefferson Rd on Friday, December 9th to make a donation and join the fun! Meet News 8 anchors, a visit from Santa, local sports team mascots, register to win prizes from Tops, entertainment, music and more!
- Starting the week of November 28th, you can also bid on the Food for Families eBay Auction! Great holiday gift ideas and please bid often, all proceeds go to Foodlink!
- Donate on line at http://foodlinkny.org/fight_hunger/ways-to-give/#tab-1
- Stop by any one of our participating Tops Friendly Markets locations on Friday, December 9th and make cash or food donation. Volunteers from Foodlink will be at the following Tops Markets all day ( 5:30am-9pm) to collect non-perishable food items.
Food Drop-off Locations:
- Greece - 3507 Mt Read Blvd - (585) 663-4400
- Henrietta - 1225 Jefferson Rd - (585) 427-9980
- All Tops Friendly Market Locations!
- Suggested items to donate: Canned tuna fish, peanut butter, canned soups and stews, canned fruit and vegetables, boxes or bags of rice, 100% Fruit Juice, Macaroni and cheese, jelly or jam.
Your business can help! Donate to Foodlink LIVE on TV! Collect food (or cash) at your place of business through December 9th. Bring the food to Tops Friendly Market on Mt. Read Blvd in Greece & Jefferson Rd in Henrietta on December 9th and your business can be featured live on the air donating a check or food collected at your business location. (You could challenge others in your industry to give!) *donation live on the air broadcast time must be scheduled prior to 12/08/16. Call Ryan Turco at 585-287-8053 for details.
About Foodlink: Foodlink is a regional food hub and the Feeding America food bank serving Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates Counties. Our operations target the root causes of hunger. We do this by distributing food to a network of human service agencies, serving meals through our commercial kitchen, and offering more than 30 food-related programs. In 2014, Foodlink distributed over 18 million pounds of food—including 3.6 million pounds of produce, offered more than 200 nutrition education courses, and created new access points for healthy foods in underserved communities. Our innovative approach directly addresses health disparities related to food insecurity.